Our promise is to provide you with the most thorough, easy to comprehend inspection, allowing you to feel confident in your decision to purchase or sell a home or investment property. We follow the InterNACHI standard of practice and go the extra mile to ensure every question is answered. We strive to perform the BEST, not the most, inspections possible.
An Honorably Discharged Veteran, Jim retired from the U.S. Coast Guard in 2008 after serving his Country for over 20 years. He began his career as an enlisted service member, and after four years, joined the CG Reserve and returned to college, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He returned to Active Duty and after attending Officer Candidate School and graduating at the top of his class, was assigned to the Marine Inspection Office in NYC as a Marine Inspector and Marine Investigating Officer. His inspection duties included commercial ocean going cargo vessels, gas/chemical carriers, cruise ships, and small passenger vessels. He worked extensively onboard and in dry dock repair facilities in the US and abroad. He continued his duties in supervisory capacities as he advanced and transferred to locations in Alaska, the east coast, and the St. Lawrence Seaway in northern NY. He excelled in his inspection duties and brought that dedication and attention to detail to Home Inspections. In addition to being a certified and licensed home inspector, Jim has spent 2015-2017 further educating himself about Florida’s building codes and regulations through Indian River State College. (Please see below for a list of the classes he finished and mastered). He and his partner, Rachel, have completed numerous personal inspections, renovations, and sales of residential and investment properties. They bring their personal drive for excellence to their client’s endeavors. Dependable and committed to their clients, Jim and Rachel strive to instill confidence and satisfaction. They work within the framework of a quality certifying organization, International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) to ensure their accountability to their clients.
- Methods and Materials of Construction, Finishes, and Systems
- Florida Building Codes and OSHA Regulations
- Residential Energy Fundamentals
- Construction Office Practices
- Concrete Construction Methods
- Introduction to AutoCAD drafting methods
- Methods and Materials of Construction, Basic Structure
- Plans Interpretation, Residential
- Plumbing and Electrical Systems
- Florida Residential Building Codes and NEC Regulations
- Construction Accounting and Cost Control
- Plans Interpretation, Commercial
- Construction Estimating, Finishes and Systems
- Energy and Building Design